Coach Freeman's Web Page
Coach Freeman's Web Page
McAuliffe Middle School
Teacher: B. Freeman
Conference: 2nd Period
PHILOSOPHY: Physical Education is an educational tool, which facilitates
desirable behavior, self-esteem and physical fitness.
OBJECTIVE: To participate and continue to improve in the area of fitness,
endurance and conditioning activities.
*Volleyball *Pickle ball/Tennis/Badminton
*Flag Football *Soccer
*Basketball *Ultimate Frisbee
*Aerobics/Conditioning/Circuit Training *Baseball
* Activities taught are subject to change due to the availability of equipment and
All physical education students are expected to dress out in a McAuliffe regulation
Physical Education uniform everyday. Students will not be excused from dressing out.
However, you may be excused from participating in an activity for a limited time due to
illness or injury.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE NOTE DOES NOT EXCUSE THE STUDENT
FROM DRESSING OUT, ONLY PARTICIPATING IN ACTIVITY.
LOCKER ROOM POLICY:
Each student will be given a locker with a combination. It is your responsibility to
remember your locker combination. Once the tardy bell rings, you will have exactly 4
minutes to get dress and be at your assigned spot. All students will keep the locker room
cleaned! Students should avoid bringing any valuables to the gym. The McAuliffe
Physical Education department is NOT responsible for lost or stolen valuables. There will
be no horse playing in the dressing room. Lock all your valuables in your assigned
locker. You are responsible for anything that you leave out and is not locked up. Do not
give your combination to anyone else. Use only your assigned locker. Do not use
someone else’s locker and do not allow anyone else use your locker. Keep your locker
locked at all times. Take pride in keeping your dressing room neat and clean. Anything
left is removed from the dressing room on a daily basis. You are responsible for your
The regulation physical education uniform will consist of four colors: shorts, t-shirt and
Spandex type shorts may be worn under the shorts.
NO muscle or sleeveless shirts!
NO tank tops and short shorts!
Students will need their uniform by Monday 8/31/15. Students are not allowed to drink
or eat during class.
All students must remain in the gym at all times. You are not dismissed until the bell
rings. Please stay away from the exit doors and remain in the gym.
**THE PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPT. WILL BE SELLING PHYSICAL
EDUCATION UNIFORMS IN THE GYM. THE COST IS 15.00 (CASH ONLY)
• If a student attends class, he/she is required to be dressed in their P.E.
UNIFORM, NOT SCHOOL CLOTHES.
• All students will be given a daily grade based on being properly dressed in PE.
Uniform and participate to a DEGREE in an activity.
• Students excused from activity will still be required to dress in P.E. clothes. This
enables the physical education teacher to more easily identify their students on
our large PE areas.
• If it is necessary to be excused from regular class, a note from home must be
brought to physical education class at the beginning of the scheduled class period.
Please be specific on what your child can or cannot do in P.E. class.
• A student may be excused from physical education for health reason by parental
note for THREE (3) CONSECUTIVE DAYS ONLY.
• If a student needs to refrain from physical education for a period exceeding (3)
days, A MEDICAL EXCUSE FROM A PHYSICIAN IS REQUIRED AND
MUST BE CLEARED THROUGH THE MCAULIFFE MAIN OFFICE. (The
physician should specify exact physical participation permitted.)
• A student will be allowed to make up points due to illness by completing written
assignments given by the Physical Education teacher. See Coach Gonzales for
GRADING IS BASED ON THE FOLLOWING:
*The Physical Education grading system is based on a standardized objective point
• Knowledge and understanding of rules and strategies of different instructional
• Performance of skills in each instructional unit
• Participation in each instructional unit shown through effort, promptness, and
• Respect for regulations such as proper dress and care of equipment
• Social habits including cooperation, teamwork, sportsmanship, and personal
• One 6 wks Exam covering rules and strategies of different instructional units.
• One Semester Exam covering rules and strategies of different instructional units.
• One skill test per an activity.
**Each day student’s will receive a grade based on dressing out and participation
Full Dress + Participation 100%
Partial Dress + Participation (must have PE shorts) 70%
Not Dress + Participation 50%
Not Dress/Refuses Participation (will receive detention) 0%
**After two days of not dressing out, students will receive phone call to parent/receive
• Participation / Dressing Out 60%
• Exams 40%
Attendance requirements will follow the McAuliffe Junior High Attendance Policy and
Procedure Guidelines, available in the 2015-2016 Parent and Student Handbook or from
the McAuliffe MS. main office.
You must be inside the classroom and seated in your seat when the bell rings.
• 1st tardy ………….First warning
• 2nd tardy………….Detention (AM or Lunch)
• 3rd tardy…………..Written Referral/Parent Contact
*Additional discipline action / parent contact thereafter
PROCEDURE FOR VIOLATION OF SCHOOL RULES AND CLASSROOM
1st offense: Teacher conference with student
2nd offense: Parent Contact/Detention (AM or Lunch)
3rd offense: Written Referral/Request parent conference
4th offense: Referred to vice-principal
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.